Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is the representative body of the membership of the Council. The Board of Directors shall be the governing body of the Council and shall be responsible for the overall policy, operation, and management of the Council. The membership of the Board of Directors shall include, but not be limited to, representation from the following communities:
- Hospice physician
- Clergy/spiritual counselor
- Finance person
- Marketing person
- Legislative person
- Media person
- Certified program. All provider members will be from the Provider Advisory Committee.
- Four at Large, such as Philanthropist, Funeral Director, Regulatory person, or other interested community persons.
An organization name following a board member’ name is their place of employment and does not denote representation from that organization.
The Executive Committee is established according to the by-laws of the Council.
- Conducts necessary business requiring board approval between regularly scheduled meetings of the board.
- Makes minutes of Executive Committee meetings available to the Board of Directors prior to the next scheduled board meeting. President provides report at the board meeting.
- Plans and reviews issues and agenda to be presented at the next scheduled board meeting in collaboration with the executive director.
- Annually oversees the development of short and long-term goals to be approved by the full board.
- Evaluates and oversees the activities of all committees.
- Evaluates board member performance annually.
- Functions as the board grievance committee.
- Coordinates the evaluation process of the Executive Director.
- Address governance issues of the Board, including overseeing Board Manual and Bylaws.
- Evaluates bylaws annually.
- Monitors compliance with bylaws.
- Responsible for the efficient, effective governing of the Board.
- Responsible for development of the Directors through education.
- Assures understanding and compliance with parliamentary procedure.
Committee meetings often rotate at the will of the Chair. All committee schedules are subject to change. Please call the Maine Hospice Council office for updated information.
Board Meetings 2:30p.m. - 4:30p.m., 3rd Thursdays in: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov
with Annual Business and Education Meeting in June
Education Committee 8:30a.m. - 9:30a.m. 2nd Friday of each month.