The Maine Hospice Council is a membership organization working to ensure the continued development of Hospice and Palliative Care in Maine. The Council provides education and technical assistance regarding end-of-life care, as well as advocacy for terminally ill and bereaved persons regarding quality-of-life care issues throughout the state.
From its beginning in 1984, the Maine Hospice Council has been the leading advocate, educator and technical resource for Hospice and end-of-life care in Maine. It remains the only state-wide nonprofit organization in Maine dedicated solely to improving the quality of end-of-life care.
- Listing in and subscription to the Council’s semi-annual newsletter MaineLink, with special rates on advertisements.
- A subscription to the weekly national e-newsletter Hospice News Network, featuring hospice and palliative care news from around the globe.
- Access to hospice utilization data and other relevant reports.
- Access to Council’s lending library.
- Free quarterly education meetings on topics relevant to end-of-life care.
- Significantly reduced registration rates for Council/Center conferences and workshops.
- Access to forums such as the Provider Advisory Committee, Social Work Focus Groups, and the Volunteer and Bereavement Coordinators meetings.
We invite and encourage all individuals to consider the additional benefits of the Sustaining member level:
- Special acknowledgement at all Council events and educational seminars.
- A certificate suitable for display at your facility.
- Acknowledgement at the Center for End-of-Life Care as Hospice Visionaries.
- Individual, $100
- Sustaining Individual, $200
- Professional Organization, $600
- Sustaining Professional Organization, $1,000
- Palliative Organization, $600
- Sustaining Palliative Organization, $1,000
- Volunteer Hospice, $350
- Sustaining Volunteer Hospice, $600
- Medicare Certified Hospice, $1,000
- Sustaining Medicare Certified Hospice, $1,500
Click on the "Become A Member" image below to start (or renew!) your Membership today!